So I had to make a few changes, of course, and unfortunately I didn’t take pictures.
The original recipe can be found here.
I used the following:
- A splash of olive oil
- 1/2 of a sliced onion
- 1 tsp Hungarian Paprika
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 beef sausage, sliced (I also used chicken breast for another version)
- a few diced tomatoes from a can
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of sauerkraut
- as much vegan sour cream as you want.
- 1 potato
- Pasta of choice
- Beef or Chicken stock. I used chicken stock.
Slice the potato into smaller bits, to allow it to cook properly.
Bring your pot of water to a boil. Add chicken and/or beef stock.
Throw ALL THE THINGS (except for the sour cream) into the pot. Bring the heat to low/medium. Allow this to simmer for about an hour, or until the potatoes are thoroughly cooked. Add water as needed.
Get another pot and make the gf pasta of your choice. Once everything is done, spoon the goulash on top of the pasta. Add your sour cream, and voila. Heaven on a plate.
I’m no good at recipe writing, ha.